Clean and Sober Holidays 2022
Holiday Resources that Support Recovery
Holidays can be a time where you have the opportunity to build supportive relationships and develop stronger recovery practices while having a great time! Holidays can also pose dangerous relapse triggers such as drinking/ using friends and families, memories of drinking and using activities, and alcohol and cannabis where ever you turn.
Somehow the hurtful memories of drug and alcohol consequences can be overpowered by fond memories of pre-sobriety partying.
To create a more serene and happy holiday season, develop a weekly activity calendar where you have pre-planned recovery supportive events and people. Include meetings and phone contacts with people who support your sobriety.
If you have to attend events which can pose a challenge, take a sober friend and “book-end” the event with meetings. Remember that you build your recovery when you help others by participating together in new sober activities.
Try some of the following holiday events in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Encino area:
Global List of AA and NA Meetings.
Sober activities in Sherman Oaks, Encino and Van Nuys
DEC 10, 7:30 – 9:30pm Los Alamitos- UCC Church Katella Ave.- Twin Town Treatment Centers Alumni Association Holiday Party
DEC 13, 8:00 – 9:30 pm, Los Angeles, Disney Concert Hall, A Chanticleer Christmas
DEC 16, 6:00 – 11:00pm, Beverly Hills, Saban Theatre, Wilshire Blvd., World Ballet, Nutcracker
DEC 30, 5:00 – 7:00 Tacos and Fellowship, 7:00 – 9:00pm Hollywood- Friendship Hall, Riverside Dr.- 45 Jam- NA Meeting c Speakers over 45 years sober
- NA SAN FERNANDO VALLEY ANNUAL NEW YEAR’S EVE MARATHON MEETINGS Meetings: 9:00pm – 4:00am, Reseda United Methodist Church, 18120 Saticoy Methodist Church, Reseda, CA 91335
- Online 12-step Meetings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-s3EVFEuF6Z65Jsl4ICW6v0aliGCAcmWmkzAqXooWaI/htmlview#gid=0
- SMART RECOVERY https://www.smartrecovery.org/ 440-951-5357
- Celebrate Recovery https://www.celebraterecovery.com/ 877-727- 4747
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety, email@example.com
- Crisis Services: 1-800-Suicide (1-800-784-2433) 800-273-Talk (8255) & 1-888-628-9454
- Los Angeles County Dept. of Mental Health Access: 1-800-854-7771
- AA = Alcoholics Anonymous Los Angeles Office 923.8422; AA (323) 936-4343
- AL ANON = Al-Anon, Alanon Los Angeles Office 760.7122
- CA = Cocaine Anonymous Los Angeles Office 714.8341 CA (800) 347-8998
- CEA HOW = Compulsive Eaters Anonymous Los Angeles Office 549.5331
- CMA = Crystal Meth Anonymous Los Angeles Office 262.6691
- CODA = Codependents Anonymous Los Angeles Office 969.4995
- DA= Debtors Anonymous California Office 310.822.7250
- MA = Marijuana Anonymous Los Angeles Office 310.943.9228
- NA = Narcotics Anonymous Los Angeles Office 933.5395 NA (310) 372-9666
- OA = Overeaters Anonymous Los Angeles Office 653.7652
- SCA = Sexual Compulsives Anonymous Los Angeles Office 570.2659
- SLAA = Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous Los Angeles Office 957.4881
- UA = Underearners Anomyous Los Angeles Office firstname.lastname@example.org