- Substance Abuse Costs Our Nation More than $484 Billion per Year.
- Each year approximately 40 million debilitating illnesses or injuries occur among Americans as the result of their use of tobacco, alcohol, or another addictive drug.
- In 2000, approximately 460,000 deaths were attributable to illicit drug abuse….
- 60% of adults in Federal prisons are there for drug-related crimes (The National Institute on Drug Abuse).
- One full year of imprisonment costs approximately $18,400 per person.
Price of Addiction
I saw this one on a T-shirt from a Easy Does It Gifts and Books
- Cocaine Habit: $250,000.
- Legal Fees: $75,000
- Hospitalization: $65,000
- Drug Rehab: $80,000 (Except Twin Town Treatment Center is a deal at $4,200)
- Bar Tab: $25,000
- Bail Bonds: $30,000
- Pawn Shop: $17,000
- Marijuana Habit : $19,000
- Court Cost: $15,000 & Up
- Property Loss: $180,000
- Child Support: $35,000
- Family Court Costs: $15,000
- Divorce Settlement: $80,000
- Probation: $42,000
Total Cost: $963,000
Dignity at no extra charge
Pain and Misery Fully Refundable Anytime