DO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW USE COCAINE, METHAMPHETAMINE, OR OTHER STIMULANTS?
An effective new treatment can help you or someone you know stop using and recover from stimulant use disorder.
It’s called the Recovery Incentives Program.
WHY USE THIS PROGRAM?
Giving someone money or a gift card can trigger the same feeling of reward in their brain as cocaine or meth. This can help them replace their stimulant use with the rewards.
Research shows many benefits to treating stimulant use with programs like this, including:
HOW DOES THE RECOVERY INCENTIVES PROGRAM WORK?
The Recovery Incentives Program provides Medi-Cal beneficiaries with small gift cards totaling up to $599 for not using meth, cocaine, and other stimulants, as measured by negative drug tests. Participants are rewarded for changing their behavior and receive support on their path to recovery.
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM?
- If you are enrolled in Medi-Cal and have a diagnosis of medium or severe stimulant use disorder, you can use this program.
- To learn more about program requirements and which counties and provider organizations take part, click here.
HOW LONG IS THE PROGRAM?
- The outpatient treatment lasts 24 weeks.
- You must attend an in-office visit 2 times a week for 12 weeks.
- You then must attend an in-office visit 1 time a week for 12 more weeks.
CAN YOU GET MEDICATION ASSISTED TREATMENT (MAT) OR OTHER TREATMENTS WHILE IN THE PROGRAM?
- If you have Medi-Cal and qualify for the program, you can keep getting other substance use disorder treatments, including MAT.
- This program is not meant to replace MAT for opioid use or alcohol use disorders.