Finding Recovery Celebration for the 2022 Holiday Season
Supportive people and events are especially important during the holidays. Rather than encountering triggering events and temptations alone and without a plan, build a weekly schedule where you can plan to connect with sober/ supportive friends and stay active with events which are absent the usual alcohol and drugs for holiday festivity.
If you are obligated to be around drug or alcohol using, take a sober friend and bookend it with meetings.
Having a great time in sobriety takes some planning and willingness to change. Call your support team/ posse and agree on meetings and events you will share with them. When you participate in and bring a friend to new sober activities, you establish a stronger recovery for everyone.
Torrance, Long Beach, South Bay have a huge variety of events to choose from. Try some of the following:
Global List of AA and NA Meetings.
Sober Holiday Activities in South Bay, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach
Enhance your recovery and find some new ways to have fun drug and alcohol free!
DEC 10, 7:30 – 9:30pm Los Alamitos- UCC Church Katella Ave.- Twin Town Treatment Centers Alumni Association Holiday Party
DEC 10, 2:00 – 4:00pm Redondo Beach- Pier, Annual Holiday Concert on the Pier
DEC 10-11 Redondo Beach, Performing Arts Center, The Nutcracker
DEC 10, Marina Del Rey- Beach, Holiday Boat Parade
DEC 10, Naples, Boat Parade
DEC 11,4:00 – 5:30pm Redondo Beach- Riviera United Methodist Church, Palos Verdes Symphonic Band Holiday Concert
DEC 11, 3:30 – 7:00pm Manhattan Beach- Pier, Holiday Fireworks
DEC 13, 8:00 – 9:30 pm, Los Angeles, Disney Concert Hall, A Chanticleer Christmas
Dec 17, 1:00 – 4:00pm, Torrance, El Camino College, The Nutcracker
DEC 17 6:00 – 11:00pm Torrance- 33804 Sepulveda Bvd., Xmas Toy Drive & Bash
DEC 21, 6:30 – 8:30pm Long Beach-American Legion Hall, Parkcrest St., Harbor Area H&I Committee Holiday Party
DEC 30, 5:00 – 7:00 Tacos and Fellowship, 7:00 – 9:00pm Hollywood- Friendship Hall, Riverside Dr.- 45 Jam- NA Meeting c Speakers over 45 years sober
DEC 23 12:00 – 4:00pm Inglewood, Renewed Destiny Inglewood, Winter Wonderland 2022
JAN 14, 6:30pm Fullerton- Fullerton Free Church, Brea Blvd., Cozy Comedy Night (AA) www.aanoc.org
- NA Westside Area Holiday Zoom Extravaganza December 12, 12 – 4pm Zoom ID: 827 5995 2970 Password: CleanFun!
- Torrance Lomita AA Central Office, 1645 Arlington St. (310) 320-3861
- Online 12-step Meetings: https://hacoaa.org/aa-meeting-directory-table/meeting-directory-improved/?type=online
- The Crenshaw Groups (12-Step) Zoom 816-7422-1830 Password 368833
- SMART RECOVERY https://www.smartrecovery.org/ 440-951-5357
- Celebrate Recovery https://www.celebraterecovery.com/ 877-727- 4747
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crisis Services: 1-800-Suicide (1-800-784-2433) 800-273-Talk (8255) & 1-888-628-9454
- Los Angeles County Dept. of Mental Health Access: 1-800-854-7771
- AA = Alcoholics Anonymous Los Angeles Office 923.8422; AA (323) 936-4343
- AL ANON = Al-Anon, Alanon Los Angeles Office 760.7122
- CA = Cocaine Anonymous Los Angeles Office 714.8341 CA (800) 347-8998
- CEA HOW = Compulsive Eaters Anonymous Los Angeles Office 549.5331
- CMA = Crystal Meth Anonymous Los Angeles Office 262.6691
- CODA = Codependents Anonymous Los Angeles Office 969.4995
- DA= Debtors Anonymous California Office 310.822.7250
- MA = Marijuana Anonymous Los Angeles Office 310.943.9228
- NA = Narcotics Anonymous Los Angeles Office 933.5395 NA (310) 372-9666
- OA = Overeaters Anonymous Los Angeles Office 653.7652
- SCA = Sexual Compulsives Anonymous Los Angeles Office 570.2659
- SLAA = Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous Los Angeles Office 957.4881
- UA = Underearners Anomyous Los Angeles Office email@example.com